- Always ask before giving a hug
- Be respectful
- Accept refusals
- Have fun!
- Don’t squeeze too hard or for too long
- If someone is patting your back it’s a sign to let them go
- Be mindful
1. Hugs are essential in human thriving
2. There is a shortage of hugging on the planet
3. We can make a difference
4. Platonic social touching has been proven to reduce aggressive behaviour; increase bonding and protectiveness and improve performance in sport teams
5. Connect to protect!
6. By hugging our friends, family and other social contacts we can improve our own well being and others too!